Reid Highway Dual Carriageway: Altone Road to West Swan Road
Agency: Main Roads Western Australia
The Reid Highway Dual Carriageway Project involves the investigation, design and upgrading of Reid Highway – Altone to West Swan Road. The scope of works will include:
- Construction of a 4km, two lane second carriageway between Altone and West Swan Roads.
- Modifications to the Reid Highway and West Swan Road intersection.
- Construction of a duplicate bridge deck for second carriageway across Bennett Brook.
- Construction of a duplicate underpass structure east of Lord Street.
- Improvements to pedestrian and cycling facilities.
- An option to build a new bridge over Reid Highway, connecting the northern and southern sections of Arthur Street.
Expressions of Interest have been sought from contractors and a Request for Proposal has been issued to a number of shortlisted proponents. A design and construct contract is expected to be awarded in early 2019.
Project construction should start in early 2019 and be completed by early 2020.
For more information, visit the project page.