Industry Link Advisory Service
The Industry Link Advisory Service (ILAS) has been established to provide a range of services to help State Government Agencies implement the Western Australian Industry Participation Strategy (WAIPS) into their procurement cycle.
These services include:
- Providing advice on how to evaluate participation plans.
- Offering assistance to verify the reliability of the information submitted in participation plans.
- Reporting on feedback from small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to help review and improve implementation of the WAIPS in the procurement cycle.
- Publishing major upcoming contracts for early identification of opportunities to local industry to maximise the time for the market to consider and prepare competitive bids.
- Identifying when early pre-tender briefings on specific projects will help enable contractors to engage with Joint Venturers or sub-contractors.
- Delivering feedback to the Minister for Jobs regarding any concerns from agencies.
Local Content Advisers (LCAs) are available to provide advisory services to State Government agencies in regional areas of WA.
Provision of Participation Plan Reports
Agencies are required to provide the ILAS with a copy of all successful suppliers’ participation plans for recording and reporting purposes.
ILAS will conduct a series of workshops to advise agencies on how to best implement the WAIPS within their procurement process.
See upcoming Agency Briefings, Workshops & Events