This website has been designed to meet the Government of Western Australia's standard established for web accessibility.
Tab-based navigation and skip to links
This website allows full tab-based navigation:
- when you are on a menu item or a hyperlink, press enter to activate
- hold down shift and tab to reverse the tab cycle
- at the top of each page there are options to skip to various areas of the page to assist users of screenreaders and users that are viewing the website zoomed in
Text on this site can be resized by:
- using the zoom and increase font options from your browser's menu
- press the Ctrl key (Microsoft Windows) or the Apple key (Mac OS) on your keyboard and use the + or - key to zoom in and out
- press Ctrl on your keyboard and scroll with your mouse wheel
Wherever possible, hyperlinks contain descriptions of information found in the link's destination. All internal links open in the same window all external links and links to documents open in a new window. External links are identified where possible.
All images that are used to display a meaning will have alternative text available. Some browsers may also display a tooltip of this alternative text when the cursor hovers or focuses on the image. Images that are used for decorative purposes only do not contain any alternative text.
Where possible tables are only used to display tabular information and are not used for formatting. Row and column headings have been identified using HTML, for use with assistive technologies. On our pages which display many publications we have chosen to display these publications in a tabular format to allow ease of access to multiple formats.
Where possible, pdf documents have also been provided in Microsoft Word format (.doc). In some cases we may not be able to provide Microsoft Word versions. For example, documents that have been produced by a third party such as submissions or scanned documents. In line with standard practice all document attachments will open into a new window. Sizes will only be specified for documents over 2MB.
If you do not have the required software to view the documents available on this site, the following free downloads will allow you to view the documents:
- PDF Documents – Adobe PDF Reader
- Flash Documents – Macromedia Flash Player
- Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations – Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer for Windows, or OpenOffice for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows
- Microsoft Excel Documents – Microsoft Excel Viewer for Windows, or OpenOffice for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows
- Microsoft Word Documents – Microsoft Word Viewer for Windows, or OpenOffice for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows
Our commitment to web accessiblity
Our website aims to meet the West Australian Government’s web accessibility requirements, including meeting the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) at level A at a minimum but aims for AA where possible.
No responsibility is taken for the accessibility levels of external websites linked to from this website.
For more information about customising your web browser and computer set up, visit the W3C website.
This accessibility statement was last reviewed in November 2017.
Providing our information to all users, including those with a disability, is important to us. If anything on this site is inaccessible to you, or you are experiencing problems accessing content for any reason, please contact us.