Southern River College Upgrade
Agency: Department of Education
Founded in 1976, Southern River College is a public, co-educational, secondary school located on Southern River Road in Gosnells. The College offers an array of Specialist and Focus Programs through its Minerals and Energy Academy with a focus on Academic, Technology and Trades studies. In conjunction with these areas, students can also study Robotics, Music, Netball and Soccer.
This upgrade project is comprised of:
• A new sports hall.
• Refurbishment of the existing gymnasium to create a performing arts space.
• Refurbishment of science labs, prep room and staff study.
• Installation of tiered seating in the old dance studio to create a lecture theatre.
• Re-fit and refurbishment of the metalwork workshop to create a new STEM lab.
• New external stairs to the upstairs science rooms.
• New hard courts – 4 netball/tennis courts and 4 basketball/tennis courts.
In December 2018 the Department of Finance on behalf of the Department of Education, announced that the $5.9 million contract for the Southern River College Upgrade has been awarded to ADCO Constructions Pty Ltd.