Industry Link Advisory Service
The Industry Link Advisory Service (ILAS) has been established to provide a range of services to help local industry understand the requirements of the Western Australian Industry Participation Strategy (WAIPS).
Services to Head and Sub Contractors
ILAS can assist prospective suppliers in a variety of ways, including:
- Providing advice on where to find government tenders.
- Explaining the requirements necessary to address participation plan obligations.
- Giving guidance on how to access State and Federal Government financial assistance and capability building programs.
- Clarifying any WAIPS or related Government procurement policies.
- Providing localised industry capability information to head contractors seeking to update or identify local supply chains.
- Addressing prospective suppliers’ concerns related to the design and specifications of State Government supply opportunities to ensure that, wherever possible, they are structured to best use the capability and capacity of local industry.
ILAS will also work with suppliers to build the capability, capacity and competitiveness of local small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and investigate import replacement opportunities. Contact the Industry Link Advisory Service
Advisory Services in Regional Areas
Local Content Advisers
Local Content Advisers (LCAs) perform a similar role to the ILAS in the regional areas of WA. Their focus is on helping support regional businesses compete for State Government supply opportunities.